Life Flashing Before Our Eyes

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Shiner




Yes, this is my own Black-Eyed Pea. Andie is most definitely her Mother's Daughter. I was quite the crash myself when I was a wee lass. So, I guess it serves me right to have my own little crash as a daughter. (Day 4 -- for the record... kids heal SUPER fast it's amazing!) So, you're probably asking what happened to my 22 month old. No, I do not beat my child. Even when she wets her pants. (Above is Day 3)

We have a loft in the boys room (which you'll see pictures of in another post) with a ladder to reach it that is about 8 feet high. (You can see where this is going). She'd climbed it several times before without any incident. But it only takes once. Yup. She climbed almost to the top, slipped, fell. Hit her eye. Packer called to me and told me she fell. I ran to the room and picked her up. Cuddled her and watched her eye swell. And to make things even better, we had a big family dinner to attend to that night in honor of Ben's Grandpa Gappmayer. Perfect timing. (Above is morning after the fall.)
Night of the Fall.
20 minutes after the crash.

No comments: